Fun ways to practice adding with your child:
1. Make an adding game using cards or pieces of paper with numbers written on them. Have your child pick two cards or pieces of paper and add the numbers together.
2. Create a number line on the floor with tape. Help your child move along the line to add the numbers together.
3. Use everyday objects like blocks, toys or even food for your child to add together.
4. Show your child different addition problems and have him/her draw pictures to represent the problems.
5. Games like Monopoly and Yahtzee can be used to teach basic addition skills. Have your child practice adding up their money for purchases or the score of their roll.
6. Create a game board with different squares and when the child lands on a square have them solve an addition problem.