1. Create an Edible Aquifer – Use different layers of items such as fruits and vegetables to show an example of how water moves through an aquifer.
2. Make a Tornado in a Bottle – Create a small tornado in a bottle by adding water, dish soap and a few drops of food coloring to a large bottle and swishing it around with the cap on.
3. Grow a Bean Plant – Growing a bean plant is a great introductory science activity to explore the life cycle on a small scale.
4. Create a Volcano – Create a volcano using a bottle, clay, and baking soda and vinegar to explore chemical reactions.
5. Create an Electric Motor – Build a motor using a battery, magnet, wire, and a nail to explore the concepts of electromagnetism.